In the high-stakes world of computer-software development, foodservice is not just a corporate perk; it's an important bargaining chip in the continuous battle to hire and keep top talent.
Eager to stem the brain drain of executives leaving for competitors such as Google Inc., Redmond, Wash.-based Microsoft Corp. last month announced plans to improve employee benefits. On-site laundry, dry-cleaning and grocery-delivery services are parts of the package; so is a promised upgrade of the company's cafeteria, including making available take-home dinners prepared by Los Angeles-based Wolfgang Puck Catering, an affiliate of Compass Group, which already handles Microsoft's corporate foodservice.
Mountain View, California based Google's corporate benefits are extensive, befitting a company that reported net income of $592 million for the three months ended March 3, 2006. It not only offers dry-cleaning and laundry services, but employees on maternity or paternity leave are able to expense up to $500 for takeout meals while caring for their newborns.
Google's foodservice facilities are extensive and legendary. Cafe 150, which opened at the company's headquarters campus earlier this year, gets its name from Chef Nate Keller's determination to source ingredients from within a 150-mile radius. Employees dine without charge on fare that includes clams sautéed with Chinese sausage and basil, tofu slaw and a sandwich bar with nine house-made condiments, according to The San Francisco Examiner.
Last month, Google announced its intention to buy eggs only from uncaged chickens. A similar stand was announced last year by Palo Alto, California based Bon Appétit Management, the Compass Group division that handles corporate foodservice for several computer-industry companies, including San Jose, California based Cisco Systems; Waltham, Massachussets based Novell Inc.; Redwood City, Oracle Corp.; and Yahoo! Inc.
Concierge services reduce distractions, increase productivity and are a great benefit to your valuable employees.
- Only 35% of employees who call in sick actually are ill. The remaining 65% call in for personal or entitlement reasons (CCH Unscheduled Absence Study).
- It takes nearly two hours of company time for an employee to complete personal business (Circles, 2001)
- The leading factor in employees' commitment and loyalty to their employer is whether they believe that management recognizes the importance of their personal and family lives - Aon Consulting's America @ Work 2000
Who are we?
Let OrganicDirect increase productivity of your employees by offering our help to run their errands or care for their homes and pets, frequently on company time. We can even arrange for special deliveries of items to the office for lunches, meetings, or just a weekly run for snacks or coffee.
Organicdirect is New York & New Jersey leading Supplier of Organic Groceries, Fresh Vegetables and Fruits, Baby Foods and other health related products.
With over a thousand of items from hundreds of manufacturers, we are the One Stop Source for premium Organic & Natural products - all at up to 25-30% off retail prices.
OrganicDirect is also a great source of information on natural health.
Our Partner Discount Program provides additional discounts to the employees and members of participating organizations - discounts that are not available to the general public.
The program is currently available to organizations with employees and/or members located in New York & New Jersey.
Offering the discount program throughout your organization helps in:
A. Value Creation.
- Arrange VIP Concierge Service for your Employees at no-cost to the company
- Differentiate your company from the competition
- Extend your brand into the daily lives of your customers
- Retain employees and reduce absenteeism
- Provide a compelling work/life balance benefit that appeals to all employees regardless of age, family status, or income
B. Increase Employees Productivity, boost Morale & Loyalty
- Save money for your employees on their personal orders
- Support employee health & wellness
- Add value to your existing service or product
- Yield insight into behavior and preferences of employees
Why use OrganicDirect?
- Best offers - highest value added offering from merchant network that is guaranteed by our volume purchasing
- In addition to us having a purchasing capacity as a wholesaler, the OrganicDirect possesses capacity of a manufacturer and importer of Natural Products
- Catering Services for Events , Business Meetings, Corporate Parties& Picnics
- Delivery of Individual Lunch Boxes, prepared by Chefs experienced in Natural & Organic Cuisine.
- Customization of orders to adress specific diethetic restriction
- Stocking of employee lounge rooms & kitchens, VIP Rooms etc
How does it work?
The program is easy to implement and maintain.
1. We create a unique code that identifies all members of your organization.
2. We provide you all the necessary materials to announce the program. (brochures, samples of the product, visit of OrganicDirect speaker for presentation , if necessary )
3. You promote the program via your organization's newsletters, website, intranet, etc.
4. Your employees and members register once and gain immediate access to the corporate discount, in addition to all monthly specials & promotions generally available to the public.
5. We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover -- all transactions completely secure.
6. Orders are filled from our warehouse and delivered by our refrigerated trucks to New York & New Jersey.
7. Your employees and members receive quality all-natural products with great customer service!